Monday

What a difference a day can make.




As of Saturday night I only had 2 flower/vegetable beds in the backyard and 5 new trees. A day later and I've added one more flower bed and 2 new trees. I've also planted an assortment of odds and ends in the burm at the end of the vegetable garden (and now it looks less like a burm and more like a natural transition into the yard), a few Hostas and a couple of different Coleus'. In five years time my backyard is going to look awesome. Five years, maybe ten but I'm hoping for five... But next Spring I will have Purple Iris' and daffodils and maybe even some lilacs in bloom. The pain in my back/legs/arms will all be worth it then.

Another special thank you goes out to my neighbour Ms. C for her help and assistance on getting my garden started. Her garden is truly lovely and if one day it's on the garden tour I'll let you know!
*pictures of my new additions later... sorry... feeling a bit exhausted - I wonder why? The pictures above are the new coleus' that I've planted - the red is Merlin's Magic and the brown is Sedona - both are better looking in person!

3 comments:

  1. I'm jealous of all your gardening. But I suppose I'll get my fill of it next summer in our huge yard! I, too, am excited to be your neighbor. You know, I don't think we will actually be any closer than we are now, but somehow it feels more like living in your neck of the woods, you know?

    ReplyDelete
  2. B-U-T-Ful!! I can't wait to watch your faboo garden develop over the years -- it's already looking great... I can only imagine 5 years from now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. come and make mine better looking please? looks like you have the touch! Nice to have met ya the other day at House Wine! xo

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!