Thursday

Not quite a Secret Garden.

The picture at the right is my patio area. We've nicknamed it "The Oasis"... Can you see why? It's like a little spot of tranquility in the middle of the city. It is positively my favourite place to be right now. From my swivel rocking chair (life is sooo darn tough) I can see my neighbour C.'s garden and all the other neighbourhood gardens (no fences here) - flowers of assorted colours and a multitude of greens.
There is nothing at all exciting about this Cedar. It has seen better days. They poor thing is slowly dying and I'm trying my best to keep it alive. I water it everyday and try to keep the sun off of it but I'm afraid it may not make it. Do trees go to Heaven too?

This is a picture of the front garden. I've neglected it a bit (yes, I know, clover is a weed - but I like clover so for the most part, it's staying!) and haven't planted anything too exciting - a Hosta, Lavender and a few flowers of unknown existence.
This is the vegetable garden - weeks later. My potatoes are in bloom (*sigh*). The tomatoes have been thinned and who knows, I might just get one or two off the plants yet. I'm happy to report that I've already had a salad from the lettuce and I've got a surprise pumpkin growing from out of nowhere. Isn't nature funny?
Beans in the herb garden! The Basil is in front and it's growing and growing and growing! I dream of Pesto and Gnocchi and yummy summer salads...
These day lilies are blooming beside my house. Scads of them everywhere. I didn't plant them but luckily, I get to enjoy them. I separated some of the plants so they should be popping up everywhere next year (even in K's yard!).
The picture to the left is what's at the end of the patio. I put all my grass in a pile and created the little water feature. Then a Coleus and some miniature Dahlias to even it out. I've also thrown some seeds down here and there and so things are starting to come out of the ground but unfortunately, I can't remember what I put where...


2 comments:

  1. lovely, lovely, lovely!!! Darn that cedar! If it doesn't appreciate that it has a good thing going, then off to the cedar afterworld with it! (located somewhere within the compost pile, I believe).

    The daylilies are gorgeous and the oasis... I want to have tea and hours of conversation there... TODAY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I miss you Robin!!!! Tea on the Oasis would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!