Wednesday

Dream, Dream, Dream...

South Hampton desk from Target.
Hedda Blom Duvet Cover by Ikea.





Oh, nice rug. Nice wallpaper. Nice curtains.
If you loved the wallpaper from yesterday then you'll just love the wallpaper in our 4th bedroom (oh, don't I sound hard done by?). It's just gorgeous don't you think? The blue, the pink flowers and the medallion shapes have a truly winning quality. Or they did in 1989! Also a might bit outdated. But I've got plans for this room as well. Surprise, surprise!

Currently, it's where I fold clothes so that I don't have to put them away right away... Laundry is kind of an on-going chore in our house. Little boys get dirty A LOT and need to change their clothes dozens of times a day. I don't know why this is but dirt just seems to sneak right up on them (have you ever read Mud Puddle by Robert N. Munsch? You can buy it from Amazon should the need to read arise). I'd like to keep this room as a guest room but also add the office feature - a place where I can pay bills or lay papers out and not have to worry about them "walking off".The existing furniture consists of a full-size bed, 2 unmatching bedtables (ick) and an old chest (bad fake wood colour).

I'm thinking the addition of a desk (like the one above) is necessary -how could it be an office without a desk? - and wouldn't it be cute with that duvet cover (inexpensive: only $39.99 from Ikea). As for the walls, keeping the top cream would make my life much easier but white would just open the room up and make it appear bigger and crisper and below the chair rail I think a big print wallpaper would give the room some character - maybe black and white? Oh, I just looked around the walls and it seems that a little person might have drawn some sort of beautiful design on the cream part of the wall so I guess that will be painted... hmmm...
I'd actually prefer a room like anything in Brocade Home or Etoile. Well, since we're at it I'd settle for anything from Anthroplogie as well...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!