Monday

And for the Wine part...


I've only recently decided to drink wine... or rather, taste wine. I'm certainly not an aficionado or anything but I like wine. My friends and I have taken to a particular place in town due to its variety of wines and it's enchanting staff. They are most helpful with recommendations and lucky for our little town, they hold wine tastings every Thursday. Why more places don't do this type of thing I'll never understand. I have to admit that after going there for a few weeks my taste in wine has altered significantly. I used to like Merlots - who doesn't? - and I used to really like Chardonnays - again, who doesn't? - however, I now enjoy a Shiraz or a Pinot Noir. The one I'm drinking this evening is by Sketch Book (Napa Valley). A lovely label to boot! It's a good wine - I judge this on flavour and whether it makes my mouth pucker or whether it smells like stinky feet or whether it pairs well with chocolate (really now, that's important). A few of my other favourites include: Barrel of Monkeys, Leese & Fitch, and Cycles Gladiator. There are others and as I come upon new ones I'll be sure to keep you updated.

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your blog - what do you think of the wines from Greg Norman's estate? Have a good life...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure you would like "Educated Guess" however be careful not to get stuck in a rut...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you really enjoy a good bottle of wine. Must be a good person!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!