Friday

Dog Bones and Icing.

BRACE YOURSELF!
This morning my son asked me what a Twinkie was. It's true. I hang my head in shame. He probably isn't aware of the names of any of the Hostess group. As a child of the 70's/80's, I feel like I have failed as a parent. I'm going to go out on a limb and say he doesn't know what orange pop (soda) tastes like either. You're disappointed in me aren't you?

Well, get over it! I've rectified the situation and all is well with the universe. While I didn't go out and buy a bunch of shortening based pastries, I did break out the butter and find myself a delicious little cake that I think you'd agree is a wonderful (if not better) substitute. The cake is super easy and the icing even easier - with time and perseverance. It tastes amazing. Oh, and yes, I cut the cake out into nice little dog bone shapes and filled them with the icing. Cute right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!