Tuesday

Once upon a Sales Receipt...



Way too many cans of tomatoes and one too many bags of Tortillas. But all in all a pretty good trip to the grocery store - $108.72. I got everything on my list - aside from toilet paper, dishwasher liquid and dish soap (those I got from Target and I had coupons and a gift certificate). I think I could probably stop buying those Dannon drinkables - yah, that's not going to happen... At some point convenience has to come into play. I used the eggs and the tortillas to make our breakfast burritos! Thanks Robin - I think I'm addicted to them...
You may have noticed the box O' wine in the first picture and here it is even bigger! I hadn't tried this before and I'm feeling like I'm saving the environment just by buying it (made with recycled materials...). It's even good. That's an added bonus! Not listed in either pictures is the 12 Blue Light my husband has already broken into. Beer doesn't last long in our house. If you've got a recommendation for a good cheap beer I'd love for you to share it.

3 comments:

  1. Shhhhhhhhhhhh! I haven't made a batch for a little while and if you're not careful, Mr. K is going to end up on your doorstep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just spent so much money at the grocery store (almost $200 for a family of 3). It was 60% produce, 20% dairy, 15% animal proteins, 5% other crap. (No, you're not blind...alcohol is not included...PA is a Quaker state and I'm going on a Quaker diet...going to South Beach in a few weeks and need to fit in my bathing suit!) Now it's my mission to make sure nothing goes bad before I get around to using it. I HATE when I forget about something and it turns to mush.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Robin - you make me giggle. He'd ride his bike right? You'd give me the heads up then so I'd make a fresh batch!

    Karyn - No wine?! What is this world coming too... And I find that the produce is the most expensive thing. I didn't even get around to buying animal proteins this time. I've been trying to have a few dinners without them (or more so than normal - pretty soon we'll be vegetarian) and I've been using a lot of nuts in things. Lets hope that's enough to get us by...

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!