Wednesday

Not-so Wacky Wednesday.

When Mr. E turned 6 (only a month ago - oh, how time flies) we bought 1/2 dozen cupcakes from our new local cupcake store, Blue Frost Cupcakes. Although it pained me greatly to spend $13.00 on 6 cupcakes, I have to say that it was well worth it. They aren't very big but the cake is moist and the icing is delicious. I believe cake is just a 'extra' so it's always wonderful to find an icing that doesn't coat your teeth. You know what I'm talkin' about.
Speaking of coating your teeth, don't you just love gravy? Mmm... soo salty and yummy. In Canada we usually eat our french fries with gravy. Not a big deal just a cultural difference I suppose but one that I've gotten used to and even after being in the states for almost 6 years it's still one I can't get over. My friends love it when I'm in a restaurant and get into a long discussion with the waiter over whether they have gravy to dip my fries into and I sometimes wonder if they think I'm just making this stuff up. Note: sometimes I am... This time I'm not.

So when we went to Ontario a couple of weeks ago we went to our old university hang out, Morty's. I love this place. No doubt about it, they have the best wings EVER. Anyway, on the menu (pictured above) they have gravy listed right next to the french fries! And yes, I ordered them and ate every last bite. It's good gravy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!