Tuesday

Only a day late...

Alright, after much deliberation between my son and I the dinner menu for this week has been created (I really talk like this). I'm afraid there's nothing too fancy here but hopefully my family will eat fairly nutritiously without breaking the bank - which is a lot harder than it sounds...

Monday - Beef & Barley Soup...mmmm..... Luckily I made enough for me to enjoy a bowl last night around 8pm and for my husband to have for lunch today. Hurray for leftovers (you'll see more of this roast on wednesday).

Tuesday - Muffins (the homemade kitchen sink variety), cheese, apple and walnuts... and maybe a pretzel later...

Wednesday - Leftover roast (it was big) mixed with rice, corn and tomatoes and put in a wrap with cheese and yogurt! Surprisingly (?) this is one of my favourite things to eat.

Thursday - Baked chicken with salad, roast potatoes and squash.

Friday - White bean & chicken chili.

Saturday - Baked pasta with tomatoes and cheese served with salad and bread. This was voted on by the little people in the house. It's a really easy recipe of cooking your pasta then putting it in a oven ready dish, throwing in a can of tomatoes and some grated cheddar cheese. Put it in the oven until the cheese is all melty and voila! Insta dinner. An idea given to me by my dear Aunt Jane. Love that lady!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!