Monday

Last weeks groceries.... a grand total of $119.69 and I had a gift card for $50.00! Yippee.. I went a little crazy - what you don't see in the photo is the 2 (yes 2) 12 packs of beer. Some things are justified!
This weeks bill came to $87.41. Those pumpkins are freakin' expensive (3.99 - yikes). I did go to Whole Foods today as well ($37.63) just to get coffee and go sampling with E! Problem was we both liked everything we tried. Darn samples.

It took me a week to get my computer up and running again. I could have used Mr. A's but I dislike (hate is such an ugly word) loading my grocery pictures onto his work computer. Nothing like giving a talk to a bunch of academics and having your wife's grocery list pop up! Not that it's ever happened or anything....
Has anyone else noticed that it's getting harder to keep the grocery bill down. I've found that things are getting a little more expensive lately. I'm not sure why that is (no rain? too much rain? too much oil being spilled...) but it's starting to irk me. Luckily the Kraft Caramels are the same price or else I'd be livid. It could also be that I'm having a hard time getting motivated to make items from scratch. Could it be the lack of large junks of time? 2 hour snippets every now and then just doesn't seem to cut it.
I haven't been buying wine lately either. Frick. I knew there was a reason I'm grumpy these days (no PMS has nothing to do with it). I know what your thinking, "Where's all that beer?" It's gone. One case was a belated gift for a friend and the other one can't be expected to last longer than a week. It's just unrealistic.
I seem to have a lot of questions this week. Just noticed that. Who has the answers? Tomorrow I'll give you a list of what's for dinner this week. As for now, I haven't made it up so I can't post it but I can tell you tonight is Beef & Barley soup night. I made a roast in the crock pot last night with a side of sweet potatoes and corn. The temperature is starting to drop and I have a feeling my crock pot is going to be extra useful this year!

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm craving walnuts (and I don't even like walnuts)! And yes, groceries have gotten more expensive here, too. Other than real estate, I can't think of much that hasn't gotten more expensive. Ack!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!