Tuesday

Oh Yah!

Remember that whole in my living room ceiling?! It's not there anymore!!! No kidding. Today I got all handy and decided to fix it - alright, I was tired of listening to A. ask me when I was going to fix it (I said I would...). And now, it's fixed. No big, gaping hole above my t.v. Phew.

I have to say that it was a bit of a pain in the ass to fix (oh, sorry about the language but if you've done home improvements before you know why I use it). Whomever tried to 'fix' it before did a really bad job of it and when the shower, that they also fixed, leaked the water poured down and made the stuff they used turn to some sort of cement. There I was on a ladder stabbing a screwdriver through the ceiling trying to make some sort of space to put the heavy duty exacto knife through... my mom laughed and laughed and tried really hard to hide the fact that she was laughing.

Once I was through and had cut a large enough hole - cut a hole to fix a hole?! I put a ceiling tile in, taped it in and Spackled (my friend Stacy is sad right now 'cause I Spackled without her). It looks professional. Okay, no it doesn't but it looks better than the bulging crud that was there before and then the gaping hole that was there after. The one problem with fixing it is now I feel like I need to paint the walls and the ceiling. Crud.

Did I tell you I ripped (okay, Stacy did) the wallpaper off the kitchen walls? Yep, right beneath that was the drywall.... no primer.... good heavens.... oh, and that was 3 weeks ago - still living with half done. I am not motivated...

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo! Home improvement goddess! Partially done projects are the mark of a true home owner.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!