Friday

Ho ho ho.

If you had told me when I was younger that there would be a point in my life when I wouldn't get any Christmas presents and even more amazing, that I wouldn't even mind, I don't think I would have believed you.

My husband and I didn't exchange gifts this year and yet, this was probably one of the best Christmas' ever! Santa only brought 4 gifts for the chitlins this year; one big one and then 3 little ones. There was no tears, no yelling, no "I didn't get enough for Christmas - so and so got...". Everyone was happy and so very excited that we got extra long hugs this morning.

I wish everyday could be this calming. Oh, did I mention that they slept in until 7:40? It was a Christmas miracle. Absolutely the most wonderful time of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds great! Due to road closures and frosty, frosty temperatures, we ended up spending our day with just the 5 of us. We missed the grandparents but had a really nice, relaxed day anyway!

    Question: Does watching Paul Blart: Mall Cop on Christmas Day with your impressionable children constitute sacrelige?

    Just wondering....

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, Paul Blart Mall Cop rocks. I've watched it and though it's not cinematic genius, it certainly is hilarious!

    And here's a big ol' hurray for road closures and not having to travel on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!