Tuesday

Only 3 more sleeps to go...

... and I'm pretty sure I'll be visiting the emergency room soon before Christmas day.

My neighbours 2 doors over have a great old, metal slide from a playground make-over. It's wonderful. Nice and tall and gives you just enough power to fly off the end. In the summer and the temperatures are in the 80's the kids tend to stay away from it - those metal slides get pretty darn hot!

It's more like 30 out today and there's a slight sprinkling of snow - enough so that the boys have turned the slide into "Le Tour de Death"! They stand at the bottom of the slide pretending it's some guy and throw snowballs at it. Then, 'cause that just wouldn't be enough, they climb to the top of the ladder and slide down head first. Zzzzoooommmm! All the way to the bottom where they fall off and start giggling like crazy people. They turn over and make a snow angel and then, they do it all over again.

There's something just not right about young boys. I shudder to think of all the trouble they get into when I'm NOT watching....

Update: See? I wasn't watching! They just carried the snowman they made this weekend up to the top of the slide and let him go down. My eyes are closed and I'm shaking my head....

1 comment:

  1. Bloodshed and sugar cookies... very Christmasy!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!