Thursday

Only so many more days to go.

Try as I might it's almost impossible to stay in a Grinchy mood in my house. My little boys just won't let me! They talk about Christmas constantly and although it's more about what Santa's bringing them and less about giving, it's still pretty nice to see them so darn excited! E. I believe is even starting to learn to count backward because of Christmas (yes, I know he probably knew how to do it earlier but let a woman have her Christmas wishes will you?).

We're all prepared - except the cookies, and the mailing of packages, and the last minute gifts that I'll have to run to the Drug Store for.... no big deal. I'll inevitably be shopping next week but hopefully just for groceries and not for presents. It made it easier this year that we're not buying for adults. I know as adults we still like Christmas and we still enjoy getting presents but I have to say nothing is better than watching E. open presents. You give the kid a package of underwear and socks and he does a little happy dance! No joke. But I've given presents to one too many adults that just want to return it and "get what they want", or they want gift cards. Where's the fun in that?

And this year I thought about buying cookies instead of making them 'cause I'm feeling a bit lazy like that. I just don't think I can do it. I can't buy the cookies. I think it might be against the Christmas laws or something. I think I'm going to have to break out the sprinkles and the butter - oh, you heard me, butter! And since S. is staying home this morning (he's got a doctors appointment later) perhaps this is the perfect time to do it?! Nothing says fa la la la la better than kids and flour. Yep, I'm ready for Christmas...ish....sort of... ack... the kids are going to have to work harder at being excited.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, S+E! Now, if I could just be a as zen as your mom and find the "I CAN'T WAIT!!!!" screams to be joyous and not annoying.

    and I completely agree with skipping the gifts for adults. In fact, I only bought for ~10 kids this year (including my own) and those were modest presents.

    It doesn't have to be 'over the top' to be fun.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!