Sunday

Name that plant!

Plant Number One: The seed pods (?) start out green and then turn black. There are little yellow flowers though I've never seen them open. And yes, that's a piece of bamboo I used to hold it up. I think it can stand by itself but it started leaning and I wanted to be sure it stayed upright or else the kids would have trampled it by now.
A close up of No.1's seed pods - interesting no???
Plant Number Two: It might also be a grass. I think it might have been in with the bird seed I bought and just came to be. Funny thing is I saved this and pulled a bunch of stuff I shouldn't have... Darn it.
Here's a close-up of No. 2. Nothing miraculous really. I think I like the height of the plant and the branches. It takes up an awful lot of space in my herb garden.

2 comments:

  1. #2... possibly amaranth? It would be in birdseed. I have no clue about #1 but it strikes me as something (with enough refining) that could make you some good money down on the corner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah, I really like the #1 plant. My neighbour has one in her yard as well that's HUGE! Perhaps they'll come up again next summer... cross your fingers...

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!