Monday

The phone call was made...

I can take it no longer. Having one bath - which is fine, I'm not going for snob of the year or anything - when you have two is driving me bonkers and I was content and living in denial but then, last night, my ceiling fan stopped working in the kitchen. If ONE MORE THING happens in this house I might just throw myself down on the floor and start screaming and kicking like a two year old. I've flicked the switches, pulled the little knobby things and swore until I could swear no more and the darn fan still won't go on. That's the techinical way to fix it right?

I've called the insurance company to see if they would fix it. They gave me some claim numbers (different ones for each project), some phone numbers and the little automated voice bid me a good day. I called the numbers, left messages, scheduled appointments, was told I would be charged whether or not the insurance company paid anyway and then, they bid me good day. Perhaps one day the items will be fixed and all it will cost me is an arm and a leg and a fraction of my sanity - which is holding on by a thread, a teeny, tiny, little thread...

Perhaps more on the loss of sanity tomorrow but if I forget (oh, that's bound to happen) remember I have two children. One is four and four year old boys are just, I don't want to say awful but they are definitely trying. The seven year old is mostly lovely, except for the constant back talk which I hear last some 20 years so I might as well just get used to that.

Anyway, I'm babbling again. Cross your fingers and please say a little prayer, the plumber comes tomorrow and with any luck my shower will be all fixed and ready to use by tomorrow night. If not, I may just have to go buy a sledge hammer - any one up for some remodelling?

3 comments:

  1. Condolences. I would love to help you remodel. The only problem is that my idea of "helping" after all of our projects is to stand in the middle of the room, cry a little, melodramatically clutch my pockets, and sweat.

    That's usually when the hubs walks in, leads me out of the offending room, promises to fix it himself (then promptly forgets), and, after watching some cycling and eating a burrito (and getting a loving and gentle reminder from moi...) goes to Home Depot... and sometimes even finds out to fix it. Sometimes.

    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. Needed the hugs. I'll try not to mame the plumber...I make no promises.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jail time, I imagine, is a _little_ bit worse than remodeling....

    But... you know I'd help you hide the body. That's just the kind of friend I am.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!