Sunday

The 1st Annual...

Mark your calendars. Book your plane tickets for next year. Today is the 1st Annual Bocce Ball Pierogi Off in Worthington. What is that you say? Why, it's a bunch of neighbours getting together to cook pierogies and have fun - you too can join in but not until next year for this years ticket is all booked up!

If you don't know what a Pierogi is than you should google it and find out and quite frankly, if you don't know what it is then we really aren't that good of friends are we? I've made pierogies for several of my friends though probably not for those living in my home town as I never needed to cook when I lived there (I lived with my mom). And I'm not the best pierogi maker - it's some polish lady, of this I'm sure, but I may be the best pierogi maker this side of 161. That's what today is for. I think there's 3 of us making them and a whole lot more eating them! Should be a great evening. We're all capping it off with a trip to the Worthington Green to listen to Mr. Jim Masters and his friends sing out the weekend.

Hope your Sunday is filled with potato, cheese, onion and bacon and a little diddy being sung by someone you know!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm... pierogies!

    Never had 'em with bacon but I love them with fried onions on top.

    I can't decide whether to book my tickets for pierogies or for the New Moon premiere...

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. let me be the 1st to say the bacon put it over the top....you have 3 votes at our table alone....
    nice work mrs andy

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!