Sunday

Is it Summer where you are?

I was lucky enough to be able to wear my sunglasses. It's about 80 degrees, the sun is shining and there's a breeze just cool enough to keep things wonderful. The kids are playing out in the field behind the house. They've finished their slushes (pineapple juice, limeade and lemonade blended with crushed ice) and they're happy as can be.
The pitcher of Sangria is chilling in the fridge. I've already had a glass (or two) with some of the crushed lemonade and some blueberries- just to keep things interesting.
A light lunch; cheesy dip with fresh herbs from the garden, perfectly ripe cherries, yummy whole wheat crackers from Trader Joe's and an exquisite italian salami. Perfect for enjoying the Oasis on this beautiful day. I'm sure summer must be here. Hoping it's there for you too.

2 comments:

  1. Hurray! We got our first nice day yesterday after a week of epic rain. The garden is (mostly) planted, Mr. K got a nice (and only a little muddy) bike ride, and we're all a little pinker. Our slushies were peach and I don't remember what we had for lunch (gah! I hope I fed them!) but otherwise yes, summer is here!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, it's been a month since you last posted and I'm really starting to miss you. I know, I know... it's summer...and summer means having fun outside (not burying your head in Mr. A's laptop)... but oh how I miss you.

    Wait a second...didn't you get a new iPad? That's portable blogging, no?! ;)

    Hope you & the family are doing well and having a fun, memorable summer!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!