Saturday

Almost time.

The days of summer are fast approaching. While I always love having the kids home full-time (I truly appreciate it sometime in July or near the end of August...) I have to admit I'm going to miss my one-on-one time with Mr.E. Next year he's off to school full time and I have to decide how I'm going to fill those days. Yes, there's always laundry, dishes and looking after the dog but I'm pretty sure that will only take up a day.

Frankly, heading back to the workforce scares the crud out of me. I haven't been part of it all for 8 years. That's a long time people. And not only that, I'm in a new country where a TON of people are looking for work and probably slightly more qualified than I, for any job. Granted, I would do awesome in a negotiations setting or with the bomb squad but how many positions for that could there be? Another thing, my CANADIAN degree is in Geo-Anthropology. That's up there with Psych majors and Philosophy - no offense to either of those... Crud.

So, here I sit, wondering about something that's not going to happen for months. Maybe longer if I don't settle for a career in the food services industry (ie. McDonald's - not that there's anything wrong with that either - Dear McDonald's people, please hire me). And I have to make up a resume. Man, this could take years....

2 comments:

  1. It is hard to send that last kid off to full-day school. I've been amazed at how full my days are even without them around (and I sure didn't give much of that time to work... holy backlog, Batman!). I spend plenty of time procrastinating for sure but if I actually did any of those things on my list(s), I think I could stay busy for years.

    Whatever you do, you'll be amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess who's back ...
    Back again ...
    Tracy's back ...
    Tell a friend ...

    Great, now you're back and I have Eminem stuck in my head! It's catchy...I warn you, don't think about it... :)

    As for the "J" word... I think you would be sooooo fabulous at a place where you interact with customers. You'd be a shop owner's dream employee! Maybe one of the little places on the downtown strip? At least then you could walk to work. I don't think that you (with your shining personality that I miss so much) will have any trouble finding someone that's happy to hire you!

    Hope you are enjoying the summer!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!