Wednesday

Shopping Extravaganza

This trip was a mild $73.94. Don't get excited... it gets worse...
I then remembered that I forgot to get olive oil (yes, there's some sort of oxymoron thing going in there). $19.74 later I have olive oil ($2.29) and a few other items I probably didn't need.... darn it. Not only that, but later I remembered that I had forgotten to buy Parmesan cheese and went to Trader Joe's to get some (again). Trader Joe's is like crack to me. CRACK! Yah, so $26.26 later (tater tots, scones, fondue, chicken bouillon, cheese, tortellini, ravioli and olives - extra large) I walked out of TJ's. Double darn. So, if you were keeping track or had a calculator handy, you'd realize that this weeks total- which started at a mere $73.94 - is now $119.94.

The boys are on break next week so I'm hoping aside from a gallon of milk and a bag of apples I won't have any other reason to spend money on food. Famous last words....

This weeks menu:
Monday: Pasta with broccoli, olive oil, garlic, pine nuts and zucchini served with bread and cheese. Thank goodness for bread and cheese...

Tuesday: Grilled cheese sandwiches, tater tots and yogurt. (see Mondays reference to cheese and bread)

Wednesday: Rice with tofu, baby corn, carrots, edamame and egg.

Thursday: Meatloaf with potatoes and squash.

Friday: Nachos - beef with green chilies, the leftover rice from Wednesday, carrots and onion. Cheese on top. Fresh salsa (tomatoes and onions chopped with olive oil, salt, pepper and lemon juice). Plain yogurt.

Saturday: Roast chicken and orzo with olives and shredded cheese and tomatoes.

Sunday: Chicken tortellini soup.

So when should I expect you?

1 comment:

  1. Darn it! I missed Monday! Sounds scrumptious. Happy Break to the boys (and save a few pennies for the liquor store, mama)!

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!