Tuesday

Pancakes...

Thank you Ms. Robin for the Corn Pancake recipe. I had them for lunch and for dinner - with your salsa and shredded cheese. I am one happy camper! It's Pancake Tuesday at our house. Mardi Gras for the rest of you.... I absolutely love Pancake Tuesday. I eat and eat and practically burst at the seams. It's lovely. I think if everyone ate breakfast for supper at least once or twice a week we'd all be a lot happier. Just sayin'. (Oh, and a hug or two couldn't hurt.)

In case you haven't connected Pancake Tuesday with Lent yet, let me remind you that tomorrow is the beginning of Lent. Ash Wednesday. The last couple of years I've tried to give up chocolate. It's harder than it sounds. I'm not always successful. I think last year I accidentally popped a truffle into my mouth only to expel it almost at once. It was a sad waste of a truffle. And it's almost impossible to cut chocolate out completely - try going to Starbucks and ordering a coffee without chocolate in it. It was alright when I was in Colorado as my local barista gave up chocolate too and knew exactly what type of Frou-Frou coffee I could have... *sigh* I miss her....

This year I've decided to go a little bit riskier. Take a deep breath. Sit down.... Alright, I've decided to give up coffee all together. I binged today and bought two large coffees. I might make myself a coffee before I go to sleep tonight. I will miss it incredibly. I reckon I'm going to be a might bit of a bi-yach this week. Warning to those who might be living in the same house as me, see me at pick-up, walking innocently on the street, etc. The headaches are going to be awful. I'm really hoping that by next week I'll feel like a new woman. Maybe a mad woman but a new woman just the same. I'm off to brew a cup. Just thinking about it makes me get the shakes. Wish me luck!

The husband and the kids have gone for a walk. Can you tell I was madly typing, trying to get this all done before they got home? Sheesh...

3 comments:

  1. Guess what? Tuesday nights at our house are "breakfast for dinner" nights every week! Giving up coffee, eh? I went cold turkey in December. Trust me, after the first few days (weeks) it really isn't all that bad... but I hope you have some Earl Grey on hand (and I hope the men in your life have the sense to give you a wide berth :)

    Aw shoot! Now I'm craving a coffee.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm two hours in and I can feel the headache coming on. I'm also irritable already. I never (NEVER) miss having a coffee in the morning. You'd think it was the end of the world wouldn't you?

    Have you calculated out how much money you've saved yet? I imagine it can be quite a bit.

    I'm thinking breakfast for supper again tonight. It just seems so much easier. No one argues. No one complains. It's like living in a dream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be strong, oh headachy one!

    Oh, and PS - I'm giving up pasta... again.

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!