Thursday

New Burger Recipe.

Sorry, I didn't take a picture of it but trust me, it even looks good! I was amazed at how well it turned out and by how fast my kids inhaled them. Yes, that's right, I said inhaled. Even my picky eater, Mr. S. God love him, he'll eat anything he can smother in condiments.

I had some leftover turkey (from the freezer) but not really enough to make anything with and I couldn't use it to just make stuffing and turkey burgers - after the holidays I have to say I'm done with stuffing and plain turkey! So, I added some white kidney beans and the results were wonderful. Don't tell my kids!

The Recipe for Turkey & Bean burgers:

1. Shred and slice your turkey. I had about a 3/4 cup.
2. Finely chop a stalk of celery. If you have some green onions you could add them too. I didn't.
3. Throw in 1/2 cup of bread crumbs or cracker crumbs, 2 eggs, salt & pepper, 1 tsp garlic powder and 1/2 tsp of basil and half a roasted red pepper.
4. Now the fun part, after draining and rinsing your can of beans, squish them in your hands and add them to your mixture. Mix well.
5. Shape into patties. Heat some oil in a pan. To add some crunch to you burger, sprinkle some cornmeal on each side.
6. Cook over medium heat for about 8 minutes or until each side is brown and the burger is cooked through. Top with cheese, lettuce and tomatoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments? Feel free!