Monday

For the Lovely Mrs. Jules.

One of my favourite pizza dough recipes is this one~it's adapted from The Complete Canadian Living Cookbook's Homemade Pizza Dough on page 248.

2 Cups all purpose flour (or a blend of garbanzo bean (1/2 cup) and all purpose (1 1/2 cups) I use the blend because the gbf gives a nuttier taste to the dough)
1 1/2 teaspoons quick rising yeast
3/4 teaspoons salt
3/4 cup hot water
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sugar (or honey works too)

In a measuring cup, mix water and sugar then add yeast. In a bowl, combine flour and salt and then gradually add in the oil. Add the water blend to the flour mixture. Mix to combine and then knead until dough forms. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit until double in size or until you're ready to make your pizza (sometimes hours later....). Roll out on a floured surface.

I can usually get two pizzas out of this (I roll pretty thinly). Preheat your pie stone with the oven and then when you're ready to bake your pizza sprinkle the stone with cornmeal. It adds a little more crunch to the dough.

Hope your little munchkins enjoy this Jules!

6 comments:

  1. Yummy! (the pizza and the boots)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like I figured out what to have for dinner tonight! BTW, what temp do you cook this on and for how long? Thanks T.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's an important piece of information isn't it? No one's calling me to write a cookbook now are they?

    I usually cook the pizza at 400F for about 12-15 minutes or until the crust is brown and the cheese is extra gooey. Mmm... cheese....

    ReplyDelete
  4. UPDATE! This was delicious! (I figured out the cooking temp/time though an old cooking magazine that had pizzas on the cover.)

    Rob, Xan, and I loved it... I grilled shrimp (spicy), sauteed spinach & garlic, and threw that on top of the dough with some tomato sauce & mozz. What a YUMMY pizza!!

    I did the chickpea version of the dough. Mmm Mmm Mmm...

    P.S. How is this for coincidental????... As I was writing this, Alexandria walked up to me with the cookbook that you made for her and read me a funny line out of it. She said, "I miss Tracy." I do, too. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw thanks!! I will try it soon for sure! I am sure they will love it. Mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Trac!! Looks delicious. I am sure the boys will love it. I posted a while ago but not sure where it went?
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Comments? Feel free!